Senior Service Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Service Analyst - Mainframe Storage to join us in Edinburgh
- Providing production support, you'll contribute to the delivery, operation and support of IT services and the bank's technology infrastructure
- You'll work in a 24/7 environment, and will be part of an on-call rota to provide out of hours support
- Hone your existing skills and develop your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll provide hands-on second and third level support of z/Series storage estate, and your primary responsibilities will be to respond to platform queries and issues and to drive the direction of the Mainframe Storage platform.
Your role will involve:
- Helping to schedule and implement complex change
- Identifying opportunities and implementing efficiency improvements within the storage estate to reduce the cost of storage to the business
- Identifying opportunities to optimise existing processes and procedures
- Providing expert input and support for infrastructure and application development projects that require storage
- Providing technical coaching for analysts within the team
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of managing a large storage estate, as well as knowledge of IT Operations and Mainframe Services processes and procedures. You'll be self motivated and driven by the desire to improve customer service, and have the ability to work on your own and as part of a team. This will be supported by your strong understanding and previous experience of z/Series storage concepts and practices.
You'll also bring:
- Knowledge of the Incident Management processes using industry best practice
- An understanding of the bank's systems or similar sized infrastructure and estates
- Extensive experience of supporting and implementing storage complex changes
- Proven experience in dealing with suppliers, ideally IBM and EMC
- Expert knowledge of GDPS, disk and tape replication
- Use and maintenance of software, such as DFSMS, CA1 and FDR
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.