Senior Technical Design Lead
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our LifeWorks employee assistance programme which is run by Canada Life. If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. T he service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Senior Technical Design Lead
At M&G we are just beginning an exciting digital transformation towards a more agile, customer-centric and digital-first way of working. We have lots to improve and plenty of interesting challenges we'd like you to get involved in.
We are on a journey to reinvent how people think about their financial future. Making conversations around retirement easier and more relevant, offering diversified products, rethinking and improving the end-to-end experience for our customers and using technology to effectively engage with them in real time helping them to make better decisions about their finances. Specifically, we're looking for a senior technical lead aligned to our Adobe Digital Experience Platform to help with the technical design and implementation of business features working closely with snr stakeholders and multiple technical change team. You will be creating technical designs; ensuring a consistent approach and facilitating collaborations across the teams; and helping to make the project a success.
We promote a supportive, diversified, international environment with an engineering culture we're proud of. We encourage personal growth and invest in open-minded engineers keen on learning, who continuously try to make things better.
We offer excellent salaries and benefits, and a flexible working environment. YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
WHAT WE USE
- You have been working in teams on large projects doing technical design
- You have practical experience of Agile practices like Scrum, Kanban and DevOps
- You take a collaborative approach to problem solving
- E xperience building towards a strategic solution via a series of tactical steps to enable and unblock iterative development
- Experience with multiple software design methodologies (e.g. Model2, SOLID, GRASP, YAGNI) and an appreciation of each having its merits when used to solve appropriate challenges
- You want to actively engage with our engineering community on defining standards and guidelines
- On our Digital Platform
- Adobe Experience Manager 6.5
- Adobe AEM Managed Services/Cloud Manager
- Azure Devops/Pipelines, NexusIQ/SonarQube
- Some of the frameworks, tools and technologies in our stack - but different expertise is welcome:
- Spring Boot for our microservices ecosystem.
- CosmosDb on MS Azure with MongoDB API.
- React for our Design System and SPAs.
- Kubernetes and Docker for orchestration and containerization.
- Azure DevOps for Repos, CI and Release pipelines.
- SonarQube and Checkmarx for static code analysis and security scanning on both the frontend and the backend.
Recruiter: Frazer Wilson
Closing date: 18/1/2021
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things