Senior Valuations Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Meraki Talent
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
Meraki Talent’s industry leading Investment client are looking for Senior Valuations Manager to join a busy NAV Production and Control team This is your chance to join a successful team where hard work is recognised.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- To ensure that NAV Production is completed on a daily basis in line with valuation point frequency agreed for each fund.
- In conjunction with Transfer Agency team & pricing platforms, ensure the NAV prices are delivered and utilised for creation/cancellation of units within the fund range.
- Liaise with 3rd party providers both on a day to day processing basis as well as in more formal settings such as Client Service meetings.
- Supply of dilution levy calculations if requested.
- Provide technical guidance and review on complex asset types.
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive management information within the timescales agreed
- Perform all OTC Derivative and complex valuation related support processes, including review and design of processes, reporting anomalies to the relevant line manager and within agreed timescales.
- Ensure proficient training of the team on OTC Derivative and complex asset valuations.
- Lead by example displaying strong values and beliefs and a commitment to encouraging individuals to put the client at the front of everything that they do
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the risks to clients within their operation and how these will be mitigated
- Liaise with, challenge and understand both internal and external Audit requirement
- Manage a large and specialised valuations team
Background of the Position:
- Significant fund administration experience gained within financial services or an outsourced provider
- Demonstrable and practical knowledge of the regulatory environment relating to investment management and in particular settlement operations
- Solid exposure to NAV
- Demonstrable experience of supervising the work of more junior members of staff
- Experience of managing a team is essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, MS Outlook)
- Exposure to Vendor Management
- Strong communication skills to engage with various stakeholders across the business
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Enthusiastic and positive can-do attitude