- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 19 Apr 19
4 May 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£60,825 - £81,100
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Our vision at Lloyds Banking Group is to become the best bank for our customers. Within the Insurance & Wealth transformation division, the Financial Planning & Retirement Lab has ambitious plans to significantly grow our engineering teams this year into 2019 & 2020.
We're focused on supporting our customers throughout their financial lives, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
You'll be joining our team at an exciting time where we're transforming how we do work to an Agile, customer centric approach, offering an excellent opportunity to bring creativity and innovation to the table. You'll be able to craft the way we deploy and run services using state of the art technology.
The products and services we build for our customers are high quality, safe and reliable and remain so into the future. Our Service teams are key to mentoring our agile labs to think forward and design for stability, reliability and recoverability from the outset to embed a Service-First culture.
This is a great opportunity to be a leader of a team who champions the importance of service design and availability across lab and programme teams.
So what would you be doing for us?
- You'll lead technical teams, suppliers and partners to ensure we have the best solution in place to achieve our Service strategy, aligned to agile labs
- You'll ensure swift and controlled recovery of IT service impacting incidents, minimising impact to our customers and colleagues.
- You'll drive effective root cause analysis on service related issues, identifying trends and ensuring that all insights are addressed quickly and effectively.
- You'll promote great thinking about service at each stage of the agile delivery lifecycle - promoting service principles, disciplines, standards and processes within the engineering labs.
- You'll take responsibility for building a proactive risk management culture, identifying and calling out threats, embedding controls, and where possible, helping to implement remediating actions thus ensuring a continuous improvement mindset.
- You'll champion service capability to build serviceability into the design, architecture and operability of new solutions.
As a Service Lead you'll apply exemplary service engineering practices and skills in a collaborative and agile environment.
- You'll have a strong desire to serve customers and ensure that functionality of software operates to meet their needs
- You'll have excellent communication skills and you'll be adept at building productive relationships at all levels to gain consensus to service.
- You'll be comfortable challenging stakeholders - saying "No," but also explaining why in terms they understand.
- You'll be able to tackle complex problems, while considering the balance between impact, risk and mitigation.
- You'll understand how to use Systems thinking and Service design to avoid solutions that lead to technical debt.
- You'll understand agile development, sprint ceremonies and have experience of dev ops tools to continuously improve and monitor
- You'll have a strong awareness of technical environments and be able to converse with engineers and drive improvements based on trend analysis
- Proven experience of the full range of operational service management disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change and Risk management).
- Knowledge of Service Introduction processes, their implementation and how to apply them in an Agile environment to land change safely and smoothly.
- Strong knowledge of the software development life-cycle from design, build, production through to maintenance including working with third parties and partner teams
- Commercial awareness and the ability to shape, develop and optimise commercial arrangements and operating models across multi-disciplinary teams
- Confident and pragmatic decision-making abilities when faced with complex demands and issues that can, and will, arise throughout delivery of services.
- Proven leadership of technical teams to ensure service measures are understood and key performance indicators are achieved, such as reducing service incidents.
- Effective communication skills to ensure you build and maintain working relationships across stakeholders in multiple areas
- On call escalation support may be required recognising the 24x7 nature of the service landscape
If this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits (see below), personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
So what can we offer you in return?
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,788 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 20-40% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (+ Bank holidays)
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.