- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Service Specialist
- You'll be responsible for the engineering technical infrastructures for departmental applications
- You'll enjoy significant variety, working on various service or change initiatives
- Along with a collaborative environment, you'll be benefitting from using cutting edge technologies
What you'll do
This role will see you engineering products that are at the forefront of identity access management solutions. You'll be working on service and change initiatives, to ensure their availability and to maintain, manage and deploy technology infrastructure.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Engineering a directory releasing product from technologies
- Introducing new technologies in the directory and LDAP technology space to assist with leading edge identity and access management solutions
- Working closely with the platform support team to develop fit for purpose solutions
- Designing and pursuing automated support tools for repetitive manual effort
- Building and managing the UAT environments for the system that you will engineer
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience working with multi disciplinary project teams within an enterprise organisation. Along with experience working within a project or engineering environment architecting large scale and complex solutions, you'll have knowledge of industry trends and developments.
You'll also demonstrate:
- An awareness of Directory Services, identity and security technologies and Virtual Directory Services
- Experience working within the Identity and security services space
- Linux and Windows experience
- Experience of contribution to roadmaps and strategies, working closely with 3rd parties
- Knowledge of Red Hat packaging and Wintel
- Experience supporting junior members of staff
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.