Software Development Engineer - DOIT Team
The DOIT organization is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Edinburgh as part of a strategic investment to build technology that will enable Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to Global Talent Management. DOIT builds intelligent products and services that offer a consumer grade user experience and use science to manage talent development at Amazon by embracing our leadership principles culture. Our engineering teams include big data engineering, machine learning, micro-service software development, front-end software development, and user experience design. In DOIT we are building the intelligence that will enable Amazon to retain its unique "Day One" company culture whilst growing its talent base in excess of 1 Million employees.
As a Software Developer, you will join a team of engineers responsible for the development of our products and services that implement our three-year vision. You will invent and develop a modern, mobile-first website experience and services using AWS technologies. Are you passionate about developing website architectures that scale and perform at high availability using AWS technologies? Do you have the customer obsession to build a highly available website experience to hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees? DOIT, come invent with us!
You will join our community of engineers and contribute to defining and raising technical standards across the DOIT organization. You will work on Amazon's hardest problems. You will exert technical vision and will build highly scalable, architecturally sound solutions that are aligned with our business needs. You will possess a unique blend of technical breadth and depth, paired with excellent communication and collaboration skills. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Computer Science or related degree/postgraduate study. In lieu of an appropriate degree, relevant skills and experience will be considered.
• Demonstrated coding skills in a language such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++ or C#.
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including a broad range of algorithms and data-structures. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience operating and maintaining production software.
• Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, continuous build and deployment processes.
• Experience in data manipulation and analysis.
• Results oriented with a customer and business focus.
• Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
• Innovative and able to deal well with ambiguous problems.
• A passion for software and continuous learning.
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.