- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Jun 18 2018-06-23
See job description for details
Join us as a Software Engineer in our Digital Studio in Edinburgh
- You'll contribute to our Strategic Account Opening (SAO) Programme, a transformation programme that is spearheading the adoption of DevOps and scaled Agile delivery
- You'll undertake front end design and development activities, working in conjunction with other development team members in the UK and India and UX designers
- It's a chance to have exposure to our Agile and Front End Development communities, forums, experts and events, and you'll have on the job and external training and coaching opportunities
What you'll do
The SAO Programme is leveraging state of the art development methodologies and customer-led design to deliver a best in class customer onboarding and product sales platform that will create a seamless experience for both new and existing customers, covering the Digital and Mobile channels as well as Branch.
You'll undertake low level design and coding of the SAO front end based on business needs, and collaborate with both technical and business stakeholders when defining and refining requirements.
Your role will also involve:
- Taking part in scrum stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, planning and estimating meetings
- Supporting the testing stages by undertaking appropriate defect resolution and helping with triaging
- Undertaking analysis, design, code reviews, task estimation, meeting timelines, testing and code implementations, and communicating with stakeholders
- Working with the SAO testing team to support the appropriate phases of testing
The skills you'll need
As well as strong design and coding skills used in a distributed Agile environment following scrum methodology, you'll demonstrate:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- The ability to embrace change and use creativity and innovation when applying testing solutions
- Technical and problem solving skills across a variety of platforms
- The ability to work as part of a team, and a strong understanding of development team ethics and principles
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of working on client facing roles on large systems implementation projects
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.