At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
At M&G Prudential we’re absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products and services serving more than six million people in the UK.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Solution Architect within M&G Prudential’s Enterprise Architecture team. The successful candidate will work principally on a strategic digital transformation programme, ensuring that our IT Architecture principles and standards are applied effectively and efficiently across a number of exciting, customer-focused change projects.
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
Manager or Expert:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Developing, maintaining and communicating elements of a Digital Reference Architecture that enables the delivery of an ambitious and exciting business strategy;
- Defining delivery roadmaps for assigned elements of the Digital Reference Architecture;
- Working with business and change stakeholders in shaping, delivering and agreeing high level solution architectures that are aligned to M&G Prudential’s wider Enterprise Architecture;
- Working closely with digital change projects to ensure that detailed design and delivery work is consistent with the agreed solution architecture;
- Providing general technology guidance and advice to business and IT stakeholders;
- Identifying opportunities to deliver business benefit through adoption of new technologies or new ways of working;
- Ongoing definition and subsequent re-use of common design frameworks, standards, patterns and practices.
The role requires close collaboration with business stakeholders, business architects, solution architects, product managers and delivery teams across M&G Prudential.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Technical requirements of the role will ideally include extensive and demonstrable knowledge of the following:
- Enterprise architecture processes (e.g. TOGAF);
- Modelling and design tooling;
- Agile project delivery methodologies;
- DevOps practises and tooling to enable collaboration and automation;
- Designing solutions based on cloud technologies;
- Designing for digital security;
- Best practice digital design patterns;
- Mobile app development and deployment;
- Micro-services and containerisation;
- API management technologies.
The following skills / experience are also desirable:
- Broad knowledge and experience of Azure capabilities;
- The Salesforce.com platform and its wider ecosystem;
- Data modelling and design;
- Application monitoring tools and techniques;
- Application performance tuning;
- Artificial intelligence and bot frameworks;
- A solid understanding of relevant technology trends;
- Knowledge of Financial Services products and services;
- Technology specific to Financial Services e.g. policy admin, calculations, advice compliance and actuarial modelling systems.
Recruiter Name: Beth Eckersley
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.