Join us as a Solution Architect
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity for an experienced Solution Architect to help us define the high level technical architecture and design for your assigned scope that provides solutions to deliver great business outcomes and meets our longer term strategy.
- You'll define and communicate a shared technical and architectural vision of end-to-end designs that may span multiple platforms and domains
- Take on this exciting new challenge and hone your technical capabilities while advancing your career and building your network across the bank
In this role, you'll work with a team of Architects, Analysts and business teams to products technical designs including managing those designs through governance to approval. We'll look to you to influence and promote the collaboration across platform and domain teams on the solution delivery. You'll also influence the work quality of the software engineering team, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output, as well as implementing a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process.
Partnering with platform and domain teams, you'll elaborate the solution and its interfaces, validating technology assumptions, evaluating implementation alternatives, and creating the continuous delivery pipeline.
You'll also provide analysis of options and deliver end-to-end solution designs using the relevant building blocks, as well as producing designs for features that allow frequent incremental delivery of customer value.
On top of this, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Owning the technical design issues and driving resolution through the iteration of the technical solution design
- Participating in activities to shape requirements, validating designs and prototypes to deliver change that aligns with the target architecture
- Promoting adaptive design practices to drive collaboration of feature teams around a common technical vision using continuous feedback
- Collating a diverse set of design inputs into a single design to safeguard functionality, scalability and performance, and providing updates to stakeholders
- Making recommendations of potential impacts to existing and prospective customers of the latest technology and customer trends
As a Solution Architect, you'll bring expert knowledge of software design and application architecture, and in business data or infrastructure architecture with knowledge of industry architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, ArchiMate, SOA or microservices paradigm. You'll also need an understanding of Agile and contemporary methodologies, with experience of working in Agile teams, and providing technical leadership in a software design environment.
On top of this, you'll bring:
- Experience of defining application architectures and roadmaps for complex solutions working for all layers of the technical architecture
- A background of implementing design best-practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance, and delivering solutions that securely span a complex infrastructure domain
- Experience of systems development change lifecycles, best practices and approaches
- Knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and leadership level colleagues