- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Solution Designer
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven Solution Designer to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll be ensuring the Strategic Account Opening (SAO) Programme is equipped with the right and correct design solutions, to ensure that anything we design is scalable and strategic
- Hone your existing solution design skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
Your new role will feed into the accelerated SAO delivery plan, from a design front we need to ensure that Everyday Banking, Credit Cards & Loans is designed in such a manner that the solution integrates and works first time, and we also need to ensure any technical dependencies are understood and drilled down where applicable.
If you're a creative and lateral thinking software engineer looking for a role where you can use your knowledge to drive innovation, continuous improvement and customer experience, our Solution Architect role within Personal and Business Banking Digital Technology (PBB) will offer you this opportunity. Based in the Gogarburn Digital Studio in Edinburgh, the Strategic Account Opening (SAO) Programme is a transformational programme for RBS that is spearheading the adoption of DevOps and of scaled Agile delivery. The SAO Programme is leveraging state of the art development methodologies and customer-led design to deliver a 'best in class' customer onboarding platform that will create a frictionless experience for our existing customers and for new customers.
The skills you'll need
You should come from a Financial Services background, and have experience working with FinTech and Customer Due Diligence. You should also be Degree educated, and have the passion to drive from the front, and to be hands on and get the job done.
You'll also need technical experience with at least seven of the following:
- Object Oriented Programming or previous software engineering skills
- Database Modelling
- Web Services - SOAP or JSON
- Message Processing - Message Queue technologies
- Business Process Modelling
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Excellent communication Skills
- Understanding of Agile Project frameworks
- Java EE or similar
- Cloud Technologies - Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Understanding & appreciation for Digital Security & Authentication
- Integration Architecture using Web Services appliances (IBM DataPower , IBM Integration broker or CA Layer 7)
- Mainframe - CICS, MQ, DB2
- Working knowledge of React JS, Microservices architectures
- Security - Oauth 2.0, SAML and JSON Web Tokens
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.