Statistical Modeller Pricing Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
See job description for details
Join us as a Statistical Modeller Pricing Manager for mortgage and protection products in Edinburgh
- For an astute and ambitious consumer product pricing expert, this is an ideal opportunity to join the Products Pricing Team in our Personal Banking business, covering mortgage and protection products
- You'll have an excellent opportunity to leverage your pricing, commercial and analytical skills towards delivering fair and transparent pricing for our customers as well as commercial gain for the bank
- Mortgages are a major strategic focus for Personal Banking and the wider bank, and you'll report directly to executive-level stakeholders, so you can expect an enviable level of exposure
What you'll do
You'll contribute to both tactical and strategic pricing changes in a fast paced environment which deliver optimised outcomes for a complex set of business goals. You'll balance what is commercially optimal, transparent and fair, and working within business risk appetite, you'll use a variety of industry leading techniques, and a deep understanding of consumer behaviour.
In the course of your role, you'll be:
- Working closely with a large and diverse set of colleagues across Data Science, Finance, Credit, Treasury, Marketing and Legal - as well as those dealing directly with customers - to develop and ultimately launch your pricing strategies
- Developing different solutions to very different problems or opportunities, sometimes reacting quickly to competitive dynamics, and at other times developing long term solutions to drive competitive advantage
- Developing the optimal settings for credit risk parameters and margin management
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong experience of retail banking products pricing, along with a track record of developing pricing strategies. Excellent analytical skills are essential to success in the role, and you'll need to comfortable dealing with large and complex datasets, and able to look behind the numbers to understand the story that drives them before you convey that story to the business.
We'll also expect:
- Proven understanding of statistical or credit analysis and modelling, with advanced Excel skills and experience of SAS
- The ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple projects in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Robust stakeholder management skills, and the capability to influence to senior management level
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, allowing you to articulate complex information a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
Relevant product knowledge of mortgage and protection products is desirable, but not essential, and a credit background would also be welcome.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.