Strategic Risk Insight Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
See job description for details
Join us as a Strategic Risk Insight Analyst in Edinburgh
- Joining our newly formed Strategic Risk Insight team, you'll help us to influence and challenge strategic outcomes through great risk insights and analytics
- If you want to gain valuable skills and experience working on high-profile, varied and interesting projects, making a difference to how the bank manages its greatest risks, this would be an excellent role to take on
- You'll be honing your risk and analytic expertise in a forward looking team that helps the bank plan for the future and manage its top and emerging risks
What you'll do
As the pace of change in UK banking accelerates, you'll be part of a team who play an important role in identifying and managing emerging risks that could have a material impact on the bank.
You'll be responsible for delivering insightful analysis on emerging risks and the external environment, which compliment internal reporting and inform both bank and franchise strategy, and help establish risk appetite processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying key external risks to bank stability and strategy across economic, political, competitive and regulatory developments
- Providing timely risk insight, including deep dives on emerging risk issues, and escalating to senior management as appropriate
- Assessing the potential impacts of external risk developments including under a range of scenarios
- Supporting management of the emerging risks framework and the emerging risks advisory board
- Producing reports and presentations for the emerging risks advisory board
- Providing wider analysis of emerging risks relevant to the bank, including analysis of directional thinking of regulators and other influential voices on banking sector issues, such as think tanks and external consultants
- Developing the teams work on early warning indicators and the emerging risk radar
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with financial services experience or experience in a relevant analytical role. A degree in an analytic or numerically focused discipline would be an advantage.
You'll also need:
- A well developed outward perspective of the trends, issues and risks affecting banking
- The ability to deliver high quality written communication and explain complex issues to a wide audience
- The ability to focus on different pieces of work concurrently and to deliver to tight timescales
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build trusting relationships at all levels
- A collaborative and solution orientated ethos, with the ability to work across boundaries to achieve team goals
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.