Technical Specialist Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
See job description for details
Join us as a Technical Specialist Analyst in Edinburgh
- This is a chance to work on a high profile AML programme from the critical early stages onwards, and to lead some of the key analysis that will shape the delivery
- You'll be joining a small but growing project team working to protect the bank and our customers from financial crime
- You'll have the chance to work with a broad range of stakeholders from a range of different areas, giving you the opportunity to develop your network and increase your profile
What you'll do
In your new role you'll be providing detailed analytical input to support the development and implementation of innovative processes and problem resolution. You'll be capturing, validating and documenting technical requirements and ensuring they are in line with key strategic principals.
- Defining architectural road maps for the AML platforms
- Leading assessments for requests involving multiple applications within AML platform
- Proposing design, test and implementation strategies for complex programmes
- Building positive working relationships with stakeholders and third party suppliers across multiple franchises and functions
The skills you'll need
While you won't be responsible for technical delivery you will need to clearly explain requirements to colleagues who will, so we're looking for someone with experience working on technical applications. You'll need to have a good understanding of AML regulation, and working knowledge of AML systems, and processes. You'll have experience implementing Proof of Concepts and end to end infrastructure, using Agile ways of working and DevOps tools such as JIRA.
You'll also demonstrate:
- An understanding of databases and batch processing
- Experience working with business stakeholders, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leading complex technical projects, drawing on experience in design, development and deploying complex solutions
- A highly organised and analytical mind
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of working on technical projects and knowledge of the project lifecycle
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
Closing date: 11th October 2018