Technology Controls Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Controls Manager
- You'll play a major part in the future success of our Technology Controls Centre of Excellence
- Your risk and project management expertise will support the delivery of reliable technology which serves our customers well
- This is an opportunity to help embed Risk at the centre of everything we do across the bank, for the benefit of our customers
What you'll do
In this key role, you'll demonstrate risk thought leadership and advocacy, supporting a generative risk culture and continuous improvement of risk and control management.
This will involve:
- Working in a consultative manner to offer control solutions and input into work that supports the form of products or services, recognising where specialists are required and involving other experts
- Driving a proactive approach to risk management by collaborating with key stakeholders and other Centres of Excellence to assess material IT risk
- Building and maintaining a network of key contacts and influencers
- Chairing forums, working groups and other stakeholder engagement to progress the IT risk and control agenda
- Sharing best practice and learnings with colleagues and adhering to all policies and standards
- Creating a great place to work with a culture of learning and continuous improvement, through great people leadership, coaching, engagement and development
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need strong experience in risk management and project management methodologies, along with a good understanding of the application of regulatory and operational risks in a technology environment. You'll also need an excellent understanding of operational risk and controls theories and practical implementation approaches, in a financial services environment.
You'll also need to have:
- Experience of control and process design methods
- The ability to undertake independent assurance of the adequacy and effectiveness of risks, controls and processes from a compliance viewpoint
- The ability to balance risk and controls to ensure alignment to risk appetite
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate complex issues to a varied audience
- The ability to proactively deliver numerous programmes of work simultaneously
- Expert knowledge of applying risk management practices and methodologies, ideally in a technology environment
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.