Technology Internal Audit Manager
An exciting opportunity to join a market leading FinTech company as a Technology Internal Audit Manager. Having a keen interest in and knowledge of technology and technology risks, you will be particularly strong in understanding the system migration process and associated risks, acting as the team's migrations expert.
You will have responsibility for the IA service from a Technology risk perspective, from the generation of a risk based annual plan through to managing independent internal audits across the FNZ Group, in addition to leading Internal Audit continuous monitoring activities, risk assessments, and driving internal initiatives as required. Team Responsibilities:
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of FNZ. It does this by assessing whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and the Risk function to the Board and Executive Management; assessing whether they are adequately controlled; and by challenging Executive Management to improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls.
Internal Audit is responsible for:
• Working with the Audit Committee and senior management to identify and mitigate or minimise strategic, operational, financial and compliance risks to FNZ,
• Developing and implementing a flexible, risk-based audit plan based on the FNZ's risk universe, and other concerns identified by management and the Audit Committee,
• Working with senior management to bring cost-effective and efficient leading practices to the way FNZ does business,
• Being the investigative arm of the Audit Committee,
• Helping maintain the "Tone at the Top" for ethical behaviour and actions throughout the organisation,
• Maintaining a professional internal audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills and experience to meet the requirements of this Charter. Specific Role Responsibilities:
Key duties will include:
• Liaising with key stakeholders on current and future platform migrations initiatives, in order to identify associated risks and define appropriate audit plans.
• Ensuring that internal auditing standards and requirements are fully understood and applied;
• Working with stakeholders to help define the Technology internal audit plans;
• Being actively involved in planning, executing, and delivering the audit plan approved by the Audit committee. Fieldwork execution will sometimes include coordinating and, eventually, supervising the activities performed by both internal staff and the third-party internal auditors performing the fieldwork;
• Documenting the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
• Preparing timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Enforcing the internal audit findings and recommendations, especially where corrective action is required;
• Attending and representing Internal Audit at relevant Technology committees or working groups;
• Building and maintaining effective working relationships with Technology stakeholders across the organisation.
• Performing ad hoc internal-audit related projects as required;
• Contributing, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor. Some global travel may be required Performance Assessment:
List of measures which will be used to grade on-going performance in this role
• Timeliness and quality (against the department's and the Institute of Internal Audit standards) of Audit deliverables produced (including risk based planning, audit execution, and continuous monitoring activities).
• Extent and quality of credible challenge provided when attending governance committees, forums, working groups, etc.
• Understanding of FNZ' strategy, business model and associated risk.
• Mentoring, training, and development of junior IA resources.
• Ownership and pro-active contribution to IA internal initiatives and projects.
• Stakeholders feedback;
• Co-sourced Third Party Internal Auditor feedback; Experience Required:
- Significant experience in understanding the risks associated with large platform migrations.
- An experienced leader, highly motivated and with a proven track record of strong influencing skills and the ability to liaise and work with senior management;
- Good understanding and working knowledge of current internal audit practices & techniques through 5 years (minimum) of progressive work experience with a focus on technology requirements.
- Proven experience of developing and delivering a Technology audit plan within the financial services sector and an ability to support non-IT elements of Internal Audit Projects. A strong, confident persuasive communicator (oral and written), capable of robust dialogue;
- Experience of coaching and developing junior staff;
- Able to travel globally up to 30%.
- Bachelor degree (or above) preferably in information security or technology related subject (minimum 2.1).
- Professional qualifications CISA , CISM or equivalent.
- Experience with asset management sector.
- Professional qualifications IIA