Trade Execution Analyst - Multi-billion Quant Hedge Fund
- Total package: £45k - £65k (depending on experience)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- O'Connell Resourcing
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
A challenging Trade Execution Analyst opportunity has arisen with one of Europe's most successful Quantitative focussed Investment Managers. They are expanding and so this is a newly created hire. Their ideal candidate will be someone from a Trading background or a talented individual from an operations / trade support background who is looking to move their career into the front office. The person will need to be open and 100% committed to relocating to the Channel Islands as this is where the role will be based. A re-location package is provided to incentivise those to make the move.
The team is comprised of circa. 25 analytically minded professionals (many of whom are ex traders), working with quantitative trading strategies. This hire will be part of the 24 hour Statistical Arbitrage Execution desk, which will give exposure to all major Global Markets. The successful candidate will gain significant Front Office experience in market structures, analysing trading strategies/signals and suggesting improvements as well as having exposure and training in coding.
While the location of this role may present a hurdle, the upside is that it provides a rare opportunity for someone to gain trading experience in a globally renowned Quantitative Hedge Fund. If you feel slightly stagnated in your Middle office position and are looking for further challenge, or if you are someone from a prop trading background who has reached a ceiling, then this would be an excellent path to explore. Plush private accommodation is provided as part of the re-location package and the monetary benefits of working for a Hedge Fund in a tax haven environment make it a very lucrative opportunity.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Monitoring algorithmic trading for multiple strategies across global regions including London, New York and Tokyo. Primarily across FX, Commodities, Equities and Swaps
- Highlight any anomalies in trading and work out why this may be the case, halting trading in any securities/markets if necessary
- Improving current trading strategies and analysing any underperformance of the current strategies and how to better them
- Preparation of strategies prior to market open – ensuring that services are connected to brokers/exchange, inserting of corporate actions, correcting any errors in the process etc.
- Monitor any latency which may occur during trading and investigate
- Monitoring risk parameters
- Analysing opportunities to expand the company’s current signals
- Actively work with Software Developers and Quants to improve in house systems and the strategic performance of the funds
- Improving the efficiency of the company’s process – exchange costings, new order types, new brokers
- Interface between different areas of the business to implement any new changes.
- Relevant experience from working in a Trading firm, Hedge Fund, Investment Bank or other finance related experience
- Graduated with a minimum 2:1 Degree from a reputable university along with strong Maths grades from A levels and GCSE’s
- Good Excel skills
- A competitive 'London' salary is offered, along with substantial bonus potential. Accommodation in ‘plush’ shared private housing is also paid for as part of the package.