Transaction Monitoring Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Transaction Monitoring Manager
- You'll support the Head of Transaction Monitoring & Screening with the design, development and implementation of the our transaction monitoring (TM) optimisation framework
- The work you do will ultimately monitor, detect and deter criminals using the bank to launder money or finance terrorism
- You'll benefit from considerable exposure, interacting with various stakeholders and chairing relevant governance committees
What you'll do
As a Transaction Monitoring Manager, you'll develop and drive global standards across our TM systems, ensuring optimisation by appropriate customer type segmentation, typology and alert thresholds.
You'll be required to design and maintain optimisation methodologies, processes and audit trails, and you'll liaise with Money Laundering Risk Managers - and Financial Crime Intelligence and Investigations Unit - to ensure that TM risks have been adequately and consistently assessed. In doing so, you'll ensure rule requirements are accurately articulated and you'll evaluate potential automated solutions to mitigate the risks identified.
As well as this, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading enhancements in the TM capability in relation to risks mitigation, rules design, segmentation and profiling
- Developing and optimising automated TM solutions by understanding business risk and existing and emerging typologies
- Delivering optimisation through appropriate segmentation, tuning, rule design, scenario selection and other key technical components
- Maintaining an oversight of the adequacy and effectiveness of controls against agreed tolerances on components impacting system performance, including but not limited to data quality and completeness, data mapping, extract controls, assurance testing and the remediation of any identified issues
- Providing TM subject matter expert support to key stakeholders including Assurance and Audit teams on more technical TM aspects
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need a proven and strong track record of the optimisation of large scale automated TM systems (preferably Actimize or Fortent) including how they're configured and maintained. Along with hands on experience and demonstrable expertise in relation to segmentation, rule optimisation, data quality resolution, technical incident handling, you'll have worked in a large bank or similar financial institution.
In addition to this, you'll have:
- An awareness of core financial products, risk management, controls and assurance processes
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of how to extract and manipulate large volumes of data, typically using Excel, Access and Oracle based applications
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .