Transfer Agency Services Associate
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Team is responsible for the management and oversight of outsourced operations carried out by the appointed Transfer Agents for BlackRock fund ranges domiciled in Luxembourg, Ireland, Jersey, Switzerland and UK.
Team members may be required to cover other responsibilities within Transfer Agency Services Oversight or Internal TA (Aladdin TA) as directed from time to time.
- Responsible for day to day relationship with BlackRock’s Third-Party Transfer Agents (TAs) in EMEA, acting as contact for both internal and external parties.
- Team members at Associate level will be expected to lead a relationship with one or more smaller TA(s) and manage the service.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of day to day operational queries, issues and incidents across the entire range of services provided by the TAs.
- Responsible for Cashflow Dashboard monitoring for funds, and ensuring Portfolio Managers receive timely and accurate cash flow information
- Management of issues and incidents, conducting root cause analysis and ensuring appropriate remedial steps are clearly defined and assigned to mitigate risks
- Proactively analyze trends in errors and issues to identify opportunities for process improvement at either the TA or BlackRock
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of procedures, processes and controls between BlackRock and its TA Providers
- Participate in periodic reviews and updates to the operating model/service level documentation ensuring they reflect best working practices
- Responsible for the monitoring of invoices from the provider, ensuring accuracy and completeness, and providing appropriate authorization for payment
- Responsibility for monitoring the performance of the service provider:
- Completion of oversight checks on specific activities at the TA to ensure compliance with agreed service levels
- Monitoring of on-going performance levels and validation against agreed key performance indicators to ensure service standards are maintained and improved
- Conduct annual due diligence visits on providers issuing formal findings documents as appropriate
- Active participation in business and regulatory-driven projects as an SME representing Transfer Agency Services
- Experience in an operational or supplier management role, ideally in a TA environment
- Able to demonstrate a level of technical understanding of a range of investment instruments, fund types and products
- Understand the relevant regulatory environment
- Demonstrate a risk focus and an understanding of the importance of identifying and reporting risks to line management and other relevant parties
- Numerate and able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of customers/providers to BlackRock and ability to work closely with others to meet objectives
- Prepared to take initiative, work flexibly to help the team achieve its goals, and respond positively to change
- Ability to identify problems and issues, work proactively with others to resolve them and escalate issues appropriately
- Takes responsibility for the completion of own work in accordance with agreed procedures and to the highest standards of quality and timeliness
- Demonstrates team spirit, is prepared to assist colleagues and perform tasks that do not usually fall within his/her responsibilities
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a working relationship with providers, is prepared to escalate issues and communicate with all levels
- Ensures accurate record keeping of work and files documents in a way so that they are easily retrieved
- Able to manage and resolve conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of Aladdin desired but not essential
- Knowledge of different fund pricing mechanisms desired but not essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.