UKI Assurance - Audit Senior Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
Job Title: UKI Assurance - Audit Senior Manager Location: Edinburgh/Glasgow Salary Level: Competitive
Looking for variety? Keen to join a fast paced, high growth team to gain greater experience?
The EY Audit Edinburgh/Glasgow team is recruiting for an Audit Senior Manager.
We are recruiting an Audit Senior Manager and looking for a professional with experience of working on large external audits. You will address complex and demanding challenges and provide seamless services on a global basis. Audit is the largest part of the Assurance practice and is experiencing significant growth in a rapidly changing market.
We work across multiple key industry teams in Central Scotland including Technology Media and Telecommunications, Energy, Products & Services and Real Estate, Construction and Hospitality - All are growing rapidly. Whether you have experience in one particular industry or want to specialise in a particular area there are opportunities to use your expertise.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to help your clients respond to regulatory reforms, manage their capital life-cycle and improve their business operations.
In your role as a Senior Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications.
- Ensuring engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements
- Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Securing and enhancing relationships with senior client management.
- Being a pro-active leader of teams, ensure team members are properly managed and motivated and ensure staff needs, including training and development, are identified and acted upon.
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Proven experience in leading a number of major external audit and assurance engagements (FTSE 100 ideal)
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in energy.
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) -preferably first time passes
- Project/financial management skills, ensure multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget
- Significant involvement in developing and delivering all services to clients
- Team and peer leadership skills
EY has three main objectives in the UK and the ambition for Assurance reflect the firm's wider 2020 vision. We aim to double our business by 2020, and own 25% of the Big 4 Audit Market. We're determined to be the most favoured employer, known for the diversity and richness of experience that working at EY can offer. But more than these things, we're committed to building a better working world - for our clients, our people and our communities.
You and your high-performing team will inspire confidence in the validity and integrity of financial statements, and the information and processes behind them. If you have the ambition to be a leader in the field, and the idea of working in a Big 4 firm with a global growth vision appeals to you, then the time you spend at EY will shape your career for years to come.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.