WMR Regulatory Liason Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. This role is a part of the WMR Regulatory Liaison team within Group Risk.
In this role, you will:
- Support the timely response to all regulatory deliverables, actions and communications to the PRA as they relate to Wholesale and Traded risk matters, as well as regulators in HSBC's other key jurisdictions where necessary
- Cover a broad scope of risk types across Wholesale Credit, Market and Counterparty Credit risk, including governance, controls and policy
- Internal engagement with a wide range of WMR senior management and external engagement in upstream regulatory developments and with senior regulatory and political stakeholders
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by regulators
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience in Wholesale banking including Commercial Banking, Global Banking & Markets or Wholesale Credit
- Good knowledge of the regulatory landscape particularly relating to Risk governance and/or models; previous experience in a Regulatory Capital policy function would be valued
- Relevant working experience in a bank, rating agency, consultancy or advisory firm would be considered
- Experience of dealing with regulators is preferable
- Some understanding of statistics and concepts of the risk modelling process would be advantageous
- Ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver within the agreed time scale, in liaison with all relevant stakeholders: model owners, business, finance, senior management and regulator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Manages self to deliver own work within timelines
- Flexibility to work with colleagues and key stakeholders in an international team
- Influencing skills are required as many resources will not report to the jobholder
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.