WM Client Operations - New Client Onboarding Officer - Manager
The New Client Onboarding Team act in a consultative and project management role to support the implementation and set up of new business custody clients as well as dealing with complex restructures and name changes.
The team ensure securities and cash accounts are opened, technology linkages completed, tax requirements are satisfied and market entry executed in readiness for the client to transition their assets or launch new funds, supporting the client through each step of this process.
The candidate will also be expected to represent the team on initiatives within the wider Client Account Services department and liaise closely with the BAU counterparts once new clients have been successfully onboarded. Core Responsibilities:
- Onboarding new custody clients establishing clear expectations and providing transparency of timelines using project management principles and practices
- Serve as a subject matter expert and perform advanced/complex customer onboarding by consulting with the business and customers to meet key deliverables.
- Part of a virtual team working closely with the client, credit, legal, network, sales, KYC, network and tax to ensure a seamless Onboarding process
- Work on complex client restructures, name changes and transitions
- Manage Onboarding activities via phone, telepresence, email and in person with external clients
- Participate in initiatives to streamline the Onboarding process working with strategic partners in areas such as Legal and Product
- As a subject matter expert, participate in working groups and help implement new procedures in line with new regulatory updates
- Own and drive identification, transparency, escalation, and resolution of risks and issues to closure
- Supporting the client with entry to any of the 100+ markets where JPM offer custody, including drafting applications, liaising with Agents to source feedback and communicating this with to the Client with any required amendments
- Use value added and oriented approaches to engage and educate clients, in addition to asking open-ended questions, and establishing confidence and trust in order to maintain and enhance clients' experiences and relationships
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and a positive attitude coupled with an assertive but professional approach to escalation, prioritization and problem solving
- Custody business experience including client facing roles
- Proven capability of applying project management methodology to develop an implementation plan and execute deliverables
- Strong organisational skills both personally and across the working team to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment (time management and attention to detail)
- Strong interactive personal and communication skills
- Experienced problem solver and critical thinker
- Ability to take ownership
- Adaptable to a changing, dynamic work environment
- Client relationship management
- Strong time management skills, self-directing and capable of dealing with high pressure, time sensitive tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and operate in a changeable environment
- Organisational, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Oral and written communication - ability to effectively interface with clients and internal partners
- MS Office skills
- Custody product knowledge
- Market entry, renewal, restructures
- Custody workflow, processes and procedures knowledge
- Industry knowledge
- Alteryx flows
- Tableau dashboard creation
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.