Wealth Management - Credit Middle Office - EMEA Mortgage Analyst - Quality Control
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Credit Risk Management Support Team is part of the Private Bank Credit Operations group. This team monitors JPM Private Bank exposures secured by financial assets. The team is responsible for a wide range of functions such as administration and monitoring of PB EMEA credit facilities in line with corporate credit policy, review & monitoring of credit covenants, transaction approval and other special monitoring requirements.
The Quality Control (QC) Team is a dedicated team of specialists focused on ensuring the quality of Credit documentation supporting credit transactions. The QC Team is responsible for ensuring adherence to policy and procedures, and maintaining the highest standard of quality for our Credit documentation that is subsequently provided to clients. The QC Team is a critical part of safeguarding the business by reviewing information on file, and newly prepared loan documentation. The functions performed by this team are critical to protecting the bank from regulatory and credit risks, and our clients’ experience. The successful Analyst exercises sound and independent judgment, has a willingness to take on projects to meet business goals, and takes ownership of tasks with a sense of urgency.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Specialist to join our Credit Quality Team. The position responsibilities include day-to-day quality review, facilitating cross functional meetings, providing guidance and consultation to data owners, and working collaboratively with stakeholders and management to ensure quality performance is monitored, communicated and implemented in accordance with firm policies and standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Audit and perform Quality Review of Credit documentation; UK and EMEA Mortgages, Review of Covenant Set up, Loan documentation, and review legal documentation that is prepared by outside attorneys.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of the quality program and engineer process changes when needed;
- Provide general assistance to data owners and approvers;
- Interpret firm policies and compliance requirements for incorporation into company systems/procedures;
- Participate as required to meet schedules or resolve problems at peer level;
- Maintain a controls mind-set, able to challenge the status quo and identify process efficiencies;
- Additional responsibilities assigned by management which may include assistance with process transfers, partner communications, maintenance of quality agreements, etc.
- Very good knowledge of UK mortgages; Knowledge of EMEA mortgages an advantage
- An understanding of the lending/credit/securities/underwriting market;
- Previous experience in Credit Middle Office, credit documentation, or control function would be advantageous;
- Experience in auditing, reviewing and checking credit/loan documentation to ensure accuracy and quality of documentation is advantageous;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, dynamic and changing team environment is essential;
- Strong solution based problem solving and analytical skills, able to add value rather than just accept the status-quo;
- Strong Word, Excel and Access skills an advantage;
- Control and Risk mitigation mind-set;
- Fluency English;
- Fluency in French and/or in Italian would be advantageous.
- Relevant degree (Law/Finance) or professional qualification such as CeMAP advantageous.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.