Wealth Management - Project Manager - Operations Project Team - Associate - Edinburgh
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Discretionary Projects team supports the development and delivery of the operational platform for new products. The team is a main point of contact for Product initiatives and change management across all discretionary products for the International Private Bank.
Being part of the Discretionary Projects team, the successful candidate will be working in conjunction with our internal partners including Operations, Technology, Business Management, Managed Solutions & Strategy, Portfolio Managers and Control Functions (Legal, Risk and Compliance) across Asia, EMEA and LatAm regions, as well as external providers.
The team supports several multi-year programs for our discretionary platform and business, which focus on portfolio management analytics, centralized portfolio management and client documentation for discretionary strategies.
The International Private Bank has started several product development initiatives for its Discretionary platform. We are expanding the project team to implement these products on the platform.
Among the product development initiatives, we are establishing a multi-manager mutual fund (MF) with a goal of outsourcing administrative and operational tasks. Manager selection and portfolio construction responsibilities will remain in the Private Bank. We are also expanding our current model to allow for Model Delivery for external managers in an automated way. The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for supporting the Senior PM to drive the successful implementation of the product development initiatives.
- Work with the Lead PM to determine the milestones and underlying requirements to deliver the project plan in conjunction with stakeholders across the various functional groups. For example:
- Build robust project plan based on the pragmatic application of project management methodologies, use of a clearly defined delivery roadmap including several workstreams owned by various teams
- Oversee interaction between items in the critical path across workstreams
- Work with business and project stakeholders to define and document business requirements.
- Drive initiative to successful implementation, ensuring project status, deliverables, issues and risks are identified, monitored, managed and reported appropriately (ensuring accuracy, completeness, relevance and timely). For example:
- Provide options for the resolution of issues and concerns raised by stakeholders
- Perform detailed analyses, coordinating delivery of results across multiple teams and locations
- Follow up actions and requests on a timely and accurate basis
- Plan and perform testing of new functionality and regression testing.
This is a high profile business initiative and will involve many stakeholders across multiple functions based in multiple locations involved in multiple work streams. It is a unique opportunity if you are looking to take on a new challenge and to contribute to a growing international business in a fast paced and innovative environment.
- The candidate must have:
- Relevant experience in project/program management with record of successfully delivering high profile initiatives.
- Ideally the candidate would have experience in:
- Stakeholder management across Front Office, Operations and Technology
- Mutual funds, including legal structures and operating models
- Vendor management for mutual funds
- Team player with excellent communication skills and proven ability to work in collaboration building strong rapport at all levels
- Organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify critical requirements and potential gaps by understanding complex and interdependent processes
- Disciplined self-starter with the ability to execute independently
- Ownership, integrity and attention to detail with ability to operate in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking are also required in driving solutions.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P.Morgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer