Wealth Management - Project Manager (Operations) - Vice-President
The International Private Bank Operations Projects team is responsible for managing and supporting the implementation of key multi-year strategic, business and regulatory driven projects impacting the EMEA and Asia regions.
The team works closely with our internal partners such as Operations, Technology, Business Management, Corporate Tax, Legal, Marketing as well as external vendors Role and Responsibilities
- Being part of the International Private Bank Operations Projects Team, the successful candidate will be working in conjunction with our internal partners including our broader Operations team, Technology and Business Management.
- Our team executes various Programs that provide solutions to optimize business flows, bring efficiencies, support our business development and keep our platform compliant with regulations applicable to our legal entities and branches.
- This is a unique opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of all operational flows and contribute to a growing international business in a fast paced and innovative environment.
- His / her primary role is to be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of high profile platform projects.
This includes but not limited to:
Key skills / Requirements
- Pragmatic application of project management methodologies, use of a clearly defined delivery roadmap, target operating model, using design thinking approach
- Drive continuous improvement of the teams strategic approach to managing change, including identifying best practices
- Detailed analysis to understand and document current processes and business rules
- Stakeholders management through the entire project lifecycle
- Constant collaboration with other project managers to understand cross dependencies
- Ongoing and transparent communication and status update on project to stakeholders and senior management
- Drive progress against a defined plan, understand challenges and mitigate potential cost or time delays
- All these functions require a close partnership with Operations, Technology, Business Management, Corporate Tax, Control functions, and other Project teams
- The successful candidate must also demonstrate an exceptional capacity to exercise good judgment under pressure
The candidate must have relevant experience in banking and financial environment and broad knowledge of financial products, ideally extensive experience in a reputable bank, fund administrator, financial institution or consulting firm and looking to take on a new challenge in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
Candidates should in addition have the following attributes:
- Strong knowledge of trading flows, custody or banking principles, and/or Clients Onboarding processes
- Strong capacity to work with stakeholders in multiple locations towards strategic objectives.
- Strong understanding of Project Methodologies.
- Demonstrate leadership in running a program where the understanding of complex operational processes/products is required.
- Ability to communicate, present effectively and adapt messaging appropriate to the audience.
- Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently.
- Adaptability to understand complex business rules and the details of a process.
- Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking is required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent command of English language is a must
- Team player, shows commitment and dedication, can maintain a positive attitude and deliver results in a demanding environment.
- High level of integrity and accountability for results.
IPB2021 About Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.