- Bonus, Pension,Medical Care
- Fleet, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 22 Apr 19
Helpdesk Analyst Barclays Fleet, Hampshire Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits & on call allowance Start: ASAP Ideal skills: 2nd line support, Incident Management
Job Description - Incident Management Engineer (90223327)
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits & on call allowance
Ideal skills: 2nd line support, Incident Management
The Helpdesk Analyst plays a key role in what we do here at BPS Fleet. In this dynamic role you will be required to provide prompt investigation & resolution of technical issues raised by our clients in line with SLA's.
Our clients are busy making payments around the clock and the Incident Management team is always there to support them so this role does involve shift work.
What will you be doing?
- Provide end to end management of technical issues raised by our clients, alerts or internal colleagues, conforming to 1st & 2nd line responsibilities. Along the way accurately maintaining a valid audit trail of the support call.
- Manage the relationship between Barclaycard Payment Solution and its clients, such that client expectations are exceeded by the provision of a timely and professional support service.
- Actively maintain an awareness of escalated open incidents to ensure timely, professional and accurate updates to affected clients.
- Work with internal parts of Barclaycard including Senior stakeholders, Service Management, Development, Infrastructure, Project Management and Professional Services.
- Innovate! Support the department in relation to making recommendations for service improvements (both internally and externally) to ensure delivery of outstanding service to our clients.
- Proactively use a variety of systems/tools to ensure incident resolution either by investigating log files, errors and applying fixes to ensure the resolution of a fault.
- Raise and implement relevant changes, apply fixes and liaise with relevant parties throughout.
What we're looking for:
- Experience of conducting in-depth technical analysis and troubleshooting within an technical environment using different tools and software.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal with a professional telephone manner
- Comfortable liaising with clients and colleagues at all levels both internally and externally, and under high pressured situations.
- Experience within a Managed Services environment within the IT industry, along with a working knowledge of Microsoft & LINUX environments.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the UK card processing industry
- Awareness of ITIL and ITIL frameworks
Where will you be working?
Barclays Fleet is a technology hub supporting key services for Barclays and Barclaycard. Our Fleet colleagues provide the support required for Barclaycard to process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day, The Fleet office is a 2 minute walk from the train station, and is easily reached by train (40 minutes to Waterloo and 18 minutes to Woking) or car.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.