2020 Operations Apprenticeship Professional Degree Programme (Glasgow)
Operations is the front line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and operational well-being. They interact with every area of the business including clients, sales and trading, finance, risk and technology professionals and therefore play a critical role at the Firm.
Whilst working at Morgan Stanley, we will support you to achieve a BA (Hons) degree in Business Management in partnership with the University of Strathclyde. You will benefit from the chance to grow and enhance your skills in a challenging, fast-paced environment, at the heart of our Operations division. During the apprenticeship, you will rotate into different areas of the Operations division, in order to fulfil both your degree requirements and to ensure you have a well-rounded experience. Your responsibilities
• Trade Support & Reconciliation - Learn key processes in the life cycle of a trade, from deal capture to final settlement, to identifying and resolving breaks and discrepancies.
• Data Analysis & Reporting - Preparation, compilation, and analysis of regular metrics and dashboards to support business decision and strategy.
• Projects & Systems Testing - Take part in projects and initiatives, and use systems to efficiently mitigate risk, whilst developing relationships with Technology to design, develop, and implement solutions to business requirements.
• Team Collaboration - Work with team members of all levels to complete daily tasks, share market and systems knowledge, issue follow-ups and escalations, and create best practices.
• Client Relationship Development - Understand the priorities of stakeholders to ensure business needs are met, adhere to and protect client confidentiality, and ensure top quality client experience. Requirements
• You are working towards, or have achieved, a minimum of 4 higher grades at BBBB including Mathematics and English
• You have excellent leadership, inter-personal, and strong verbal and written communications skills
• You pay close attention to detail, have analytical and problem-solving skills, and are able to understand and evaluate information quickly
• You are able to multi-task, prioritise accordingly and have excellent organisational skills Please note that the Apprenticeship programme is open to students in their 5th or 6th year of High school (or equivalent).
The deadline for applications is the 1st March 2020.