2020 Technology Apprenticeship Professional Degree Programme (Glasgow)
We currently have opportunities for school leavers to undertake a four year Graduate Apprenticeship in Software Development BSc (Hons) delivered in partnership with Strathclyde University, beginning in September 2020. Whilst working at Morgan Stanley, we will support you to achieve a degree in Software Development. You will benefit from theory-based learning as well as the opportunity to develop practical skills in IT, which you will apply as you gain a valuable insight into the financial industry. During the apprenticeship, you will rotate into different areas of the Technology division, in order to fulfil both your degree requirements and to ensure you have a well-rounded experience. Your responsibilities
Our development teams design, develop and maintain applications used by our business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements. They make system design decisions, evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software, and then test and deploy applications to production. Developing high-performing systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities are just some of the projects available for developers. Requirements
• The pursuance or completion of a minimum of 4 Higher Grades at BBBB including either Computing, Maths or Physics, plus National 5 English.
• A passion for technology
• A keenness to forge a career in technology, particularly within the financial sector
• A basic understanding of the types of work undertaken within a technology division
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good attention to detail Please note that the Apprenticeship programme is open to students in their 5th or 6th year of High school (or equivalent).
The deadline for applications is the 1st March 2020.