Branch IT Support Specialist. - Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Glasgow End User Support team is responsible for user and infrastructure support for the Glasgow and Dublin offices. We provide technical support to over 1,500 users across several divisions and we now have an opportunity for a Branch Support Specialist. The successful candidate will (ideally) have experience of providing technical support in a financial services environment, and must have a proven track record of delivery in client support and desktop technology.
- Day to day operational support of a complex desktop environment, including a large virtual desktop population, for a broad range of internal clients.
- Managing escalations from the technology Servicedesk through to conclusion
- Performing advanced desktop troubleshooting (desktop operating systems, standard MS Office applications and a large range of proprietary technologies)
- Developing a thorough understanding of the local and global production environment
- Incident resolution and problem management across a broad range of technical issues
- Interacting with other support groups (local and global) within the firm across multiple platforms.
- Acting as a local technical lead on global projects
- Managing locally initiated projects
- Providing technical input into local business continuity plans as well as supporting on-going testing.
- Managing vendor applications through full product lifecycle, including security reviews, scripting, testing, deployment and on-going support.
- Provide local infrastructure support across a range of technologies, including network, voice and server.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to frame technical information for a diverse audience
- Excellent follow-up skills; must take initiative and stay with problem from beginning to end
- Able to operate effectively in a pressurised environment, managing rapidly evolving situations to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, applications and computer hardware
- Understanding of Network and IPT infrastructure
- Advanced understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Experience of vendor management
- Comprehensive knowledge of ITIL Framework
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2