Job Title: Compensation Control Reporting Associate Contract Type: 6 Month FTC (View to extend) Location: Glasgow Salary: Competitive
Our company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
The Compensation Controller team are responsible for financial accounting, control, and reporting, both internal and external, related to the firm's compensation and benefit plans globally.
The group works closely with internal clients and stakeholders including Human Resources, Technology and other groups across the finance division.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to be part of a global function.
Be responsible for internal and external reporting processes relating to The Firm's compensation and benefit expense, including:
- Preparation of detailed monthly compensation and benefits expense reporting and supporting variance analysis for presentation to senior management
- Preparation of data for inclusion in financial statement disclosures
- Preparation of the compensation related statutory account disclosures such as Staff Costs, Employment Compensation, Post-Employment Benefits and Key Management Personnel disclosures
- Working closely with HR, Accounting Policy and other controller groups such as Legal Entity Control and Tax and to drive the continuous enhancement of reporting outputs, to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all disclosures and to drive process efficiency
- Preparation of quarterly EBA (Fin Rep) and Federal Reserve regulatory reporting which requires a detailed analysis of compensation and benefit expense under both IFRS and US GAAP
- Participating in internal and external audits and addressing inquiries as required
- Involvement in the production of other adhoc internal and external compensation related reporting
- Professional Accountancy Qualification, or equivalent specialization in Finance
- Demonstrated experience in financial accounting and reporting
- Strong communication skills; clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment