- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 09 Nov 17 2017-11-09
A newly created role for a Compliance Manager has arisen for a market leading Financial Services business in the city centre of Glasgow. The role requires someone who has experience with developing compliance monitoring programmes, alongside advising on regulatory changes surrounding the FCA.
My client is a market-leading, SME Financial Services business, who has gone through rapid growth across the UK. Established over 50 years ago, my client is a Glasgow headquartered business with presence in cities nationwide.
The role of the Compliance Manager is to have full autonomy of all matters surrounding Compliance with the FCA.
The main responsibilities include:
- Advising and assisting the first line on regulatory and compliance matters
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with existing regulation
- Keeping up to date with changes in the regulatory landscape and rules
- Have the ability to interpret rules, identify gaps in the business and implement the required changes to ensure ongoing compliance
- Undertaking and developing compliance monitoring for various areas in the business in the form of second line of defence
- Production of Compliance MI
- Ad Hoc compliance duties/projects
- Completion of various administrative duties
- Work alongside Senior Management/Directors
- Production of information and reports with respect to routine and specific regulatory requests and enquiries
The successful candidate will have extensive experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager within Financial Services.
The candidate will require:
- Previous experience in a FCA regulated organisation with full understanding of FCA rules
- Ability to understand impact on the business of any FCA changes
- Quick learner who can interpret and successfully implement regulatory and operational requirements
- Proficient in using MS Word, Outlook Excel, Access and PowerPoint
My client hosts a dynamic, modern working environment with several perks and benefits included in their employment package.
The base salary for the role will be between £45-50,000 pa + bonus potential, private pension and private health-care after 12-months of employment.