As a Barclays Control Assurance Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will be responsible for the management of Risk and Control across multiple sites globally covering multiple processes across the Wholesale Onboarding and Financial Crime Operations. You will play a pivotal role within the organization as the processes undertaken in these operations are heavily regulated meaning that Risk and Control Management is of the utmost importance.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the implementation and management of the internal control framework that promotes a strong self-assessment culture and ownership
- Proving the effectiveness and robustness of the control environment and control culture
- Managing and performing the testing schedule and Control Library to ensure adherence to the Barclays Control Framework
- Identifying new and emerging risks and designing suitable yet commercial control environment to provide protection
- Being responsible for identifying and resolving control issues
- Being responsible for managing the annual risk assessment process for the operation
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to develop an understanding of Financial Crime regulations and policies (AML, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption), or similar regulations
- Knowledge of Operational Risk & Controls and/or audit in a highly regulated business environment
- Practical knowledge of internal controls, including the development and maintenance of appropriate framework
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Broad understanding of Financial Services/AML and Sanctions policies/Regulatory requirement
- Stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence others positively
- High-performing individual with proven experience of working with other colleagues, to achieve and often beat their objectives and assist others in doing so
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Tay House nestled in a fantastic central city location, a short walk from both Central and Charing Cross train stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.