See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Team Profile
Morgan Stanley's Global Cybersecurity Fusion Center is charged with assessing, detecting, and responding to cyber threats, vulnerabilities, or incidents that threaten the Firm. Comprised of cyber threat intelligence, cyber analytics, and cyber event management teams, Fusion serves as the operational cornerstone of the Firm's cyber defense strategy - enabling the Firm to rapidly align our defensive capabilities to adapt to changing adversary tactics.
The Fusion Cyber Analytics team is responsible for detecting cyber threats to the Firm working closely with infrastructure teams, security control owners, threat intelligence analysts, incident responders, cyber event managers and business unit partners. Position Description
As a member of Cyber Analytics, you will be responsible for analyzing data, developing threat visibility, establishing detective methodology and implementing continuous monitoring solutions that will feed the alerting and incident response process. Your partners will include engineering teams responsible for deploying the Firm's security controls and infrastructure, as well as other cyber security functions involved in security architecture and vulnerability management.
Besides analytics development, you will also be responsible for driving continuous improvements to the team's processes and technology stack. Processing over 30 billion events each day, our analytics sense-making layer is a modern real-time streaming data architecture comprising a mixture of commercial and open-source technologies, including Apache NiFi, Kafka, Spark, and Splunk. Knowledge of one or more of these technologies is strongly desired. Demonstrated ability and desire to rapidly learn new technologies is a must.
Other requirements include a strong interest in cyber security, passion for solving difficult problems, practical experience in various programming languages, propensity for teamwork and passion for continuous learning. Enterprise software development and data science experience are a plus. Ability to work in an agile, dynamic working environment is required to effectively respond to rapidly changing cyber threats. Qualifications: Core Responsibilities
1) Leading daily scrum calls with the squad in addition to architecting, designing and implementing solutions.
2) Interfacing with our users and stakeholders on a regular basis to flesh out new requirements and prioritize the squads work.
3) Utilizing technologies such as Splunk, Apache NiFi, Kafka, Spark and other technologies what may be required in an analytics implementation.
4) Working with other technology team in relation to technology integration and prioritization.
5) Providing mentorship and guidance to junior team members in the team.
6) Participating in the rapid development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform multiple architectural approaches
7) DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, and Build Automation to enable the rapid delivery of functionality, utilizing tools like Jenkins, and Git. Skills Desired
1) Passionate interest in data analytics and cyber security
2) Positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and expand professional skills
3) Ability to collaborate with other developers and end users to craft end-to-end solutions
4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5) Well versed in data structures, caching, design patterns and enterprise application design.
6) Experience with big data platforms (for example Splunk, ELK, Apache Kafka/Spark/Storm) or with any relational databases (for example DB2, Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL) or NoSQL databases (for example MongoDB, CouchDB)
8) Experience with build tools, unit testing, as well as version control systems like Git.
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
** Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees **
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.