Cyber Analytics Web Security Specialist Vice President
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Jan 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley’s state-of-the-art Cybersecurity Fusion Center (Fusion) is charged with orchestrating prevention, detection, and response to cyber events that threaten the Firm’s clients, assets, and reputation. Partnering with key stakeholders across Enterprise Technology & Risk and the Business Units, Fusion manages cyber events from detection through response to resolution, and serves as the Firm’s focal point for cyber communications and reporting.
The Cyber Analytics team plays a critical role in the ability of the Fusion Center to detect the threats against the Morgan Stanley network. The team is responsible for developing and delivering a suite of advanced monitoring capabilities to enable real-time threat detection delivered directly to incident response teams, as well as a set of customized dashboards featured on the Fusion Operations Wall. The Wall provides situational awareness of the Firm’s technology assets, applications, and security controls to enable cyber teams to quickly detect any evidence of anomalous activity.
The Cyber Analytics Web Security Specialist will be responsible for developing an approach towards understanding and detecting potential and actual threats to the Firm’s critical web-based services and applications. They will prioritize the targets based on criticality and likelihood of exploitation, analyse data to look for potential abuse, and develop analytics intended to provide actionable alerts of suspicious web-based behaviour to incident response teams.
They are expected to define the long-term vision for web security analytics, determine the milestones, and functionally break down the deliverables to scale out implementation across the Cyber Analytics team.
The global Fusion Centre is a 24/7 operation with members in key geographical locations. The developer in this position will typically work weekday core hours but could be asked for support on evenings or weekends in the event that an incident or potential threat necessitates extraordinary and immediate action.
As an officer in the Glasgow office for the CARP team, the person will oversee the work of 1-2 associates and be a critical lynchpin for our global structure, working closely with Baltimore, New York and Singapore colleagues.
- Analytical mindset that enables them to explore and identify patterns across the diverse data sets associated with security events, such as event logs, packet captures, and application data
- Software development experience using technologies such as C/C++, Java, Perl, Python and SQL
- Ability to recognize common security patterns and anti-patterns in computer code as well as develop data integration and analytic prototypes that can be handed off for production engineering and deployment.
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience in advanced Splunk Query Language solutions to cybersecurity problems; experience in building complex queries and working with cyber incident response teams
- Subject matter expertise in front end web security considerations and security logging and monitoring around client-facing portals.
- Experience in understanding system flow analysis with the goal of identifying where detective security controls can be introduced
- Capable of being a self-starter as well as a strong team player
- Education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Mining, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative disciplines
- Demonstrated aptitude and understanding of modern programming languages with a willingness to continually learn new languages and data structures
- Experience orchestrating end-to-end solutions; simultaneously working closely with programmers, analysts, and customers
The salary of this role is competitive. The closing date for this role is the 12.02.2019
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-MW1