Data Security Engineer
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 May 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
ETS Provides a reliable, secure and agile technical platform for Morgan Stanley’s business applications and operations. ETS enables business operations and delivers collaboration and productivity tools to our internal and external clients. ETS provides production management, quality assurance, and end user services for Institutional Securities and Support Services and delivers first-line defences to manage the IT risks to the Firm, address the evolving cyber threat landscape, and meet regulatory expectations. ETS also works with Investment Banking to manage the Firm’s strategic relationships with the technology community, including venture capitalists, established technology companies, and start-ups.
The position is for a proactive and experienced security support engineer with solid background in Linux platforms as well as application support, change/incident management and various security practice areas with an emphasis on event aggregation and correlation.
The candidate should be able to quickly adapt to a fast-evolving environment relying on next generation logging, Big Data and Analytical solutions and take full ownership of the services and platform they are responsible for in a production environment.
- Prepare, document, implement and verify changes including communicate changes to end-users and other impacted parties
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA), respond to incidents and participate in post mortem analysis.
- Design and implement monitoring solutions on various platforms
- Handle complex reporting requests from senior management and regulators
- Automate repetitive and manual processes
- Work on defining Roles & Responsibilities (RACI) by designing and implementing a support model
- Build functional QA/UAT environments and train L1/L2 teams
- Manage Linux servers and applications (installation, troubleshooting, maintenance)
- Manage code-base and configuration via various version control systems
- Strong experience in Linux systems administration
- Scripting skills sing either Perl, Python or Shell
- Familiar with code-base and configuration version control systems (Git, Stash, SVN)
- Experience with Splunk or Hadoop
- Experience with Big Data and related technologies (Kafka, Nifi, ELK, Zookeeper, spark, MapR)
- Experience with regex and various parsing methods
- Security Certifications: CISSP, SANS (GCIA or similar)
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. #LI-FM1