See job description for details
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Glasgow Profile
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment.
Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant. Department Profile
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own. Team Profile
Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) enables the Firm to manage risks by implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices, which protect the company while facilitating business functions.
Level 3 SME in the area of Security Data & Analytics. The position is for a proactive and experienced security support engineer with solid background with Linux platform as well as application support, change/incident management and various security practice areas with emphasis on event aggregation and correlation. The candidate should be able to quickly adapt to a fast-evolving environment relying on next generation logging, Big Data and Analytical solutions and take full ownership of the services and platform he/she is responsible for in production environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to :
Qualifications: Skills Required
- Change management
- Prepare, document, implement and verify changes including communicate changes to end-users and other impacted parties
- Incident, Problem management
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA), respond to incidents and participate in post mortem analysis.
- Design and implement monitoring solutions on various platforms
- Handle complex reporting requests from senior management and regulators
- Automate repetitive and manual processes
- Product onboarding
- Work on defining Roles & Responsibilities (RACI) by designing and implementing a support model
- Build functional QA/UAT environments and train L1/L2 teams
- Infrastructure support
- Manage Linux servers and applications (installation, troubleshooting, maintenance)
- Manage code-base and configuration via various version control systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 yrs in a support role
- Strong proficiency with Linux
- Experience providing application support for mission-critical applications
- Able to troubleshoot, problem solve, analytical thinker.
- Strong scripting skills, Python, or UNIX shell.
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Subnetting, TCP/IP
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Familiar with code-base and configuration version control systems (Git, Stash, SVN) Skills Desired
- Experience with Big Data and related technologies (HDFS, ES, Zookeeper, logstash, flume, kafka, hbase, spark, elastic search, MapR, Cloudera)
- Experience with Splunk application UI/Back-end configuration
- Experience with regex and various parsing methods
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools (Qualys, Nessus, Nexpose)
- Experience with any security workflow tools such as RSA Arche
- Experience with databases (Sybase, DB2, Postgres, MongoDB, etc).
- Security Certifications: CISSP, SANS (GCIA or similar)
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
** Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees **
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.