Job Title: Financial Regulatory Specialist Contract Type: 6 Month FTC (View to extend) Location: Glasgow Salary: Competitive
Our company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
The Liquidity and Funding Controller (LFC) team is responsible for preparing, calculating, reviewing and filing both the internal and external liquidity and funding reporting returns required by the Federal Reserve, Prudential Regulation Authority and European Banking Authority. The main clients of the team are Corporate Treasury and Bank Resource Management, who jointly manage the Liquidity and Funding needs of the business, as well as close interaction with Legal Entity Controllers, Global Product Controllers and IT. The Liquidity Governance & Assurance Function within LFC provides global governance support to LFC, covering policies & procedures, technical documentation, education, change management & risk register control.
- Manage a suite of monthly governance metrics across global liquidity reporting, liaising as necessary with reporting teams and key stakeholders, and generating these to fulfil the needs of recurring governance meetings
- Perform ongoing assessment on the sufficiency and appropriateness of the suite of governance metrics, ensuring that the metrics remain lean and fit for purpose resulting in a conservative risk tolerance
- Contribute to ongoing governance operational support through proactively managing assigned risk registers and liquidity records, assisting with the education programme and managing procedural documentation
- Support change management process and improvements across liquidity
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders across different departments and regions
- Accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA or CIMA) or relevant degree/equivalent experience
- A track record of building effective working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in a dynamic, challenging environment covering complex subject matter
- Excellent communication skills including ability to escalate effectively and in a timely manner
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and an ability to summarise data/themes in a meaningful format
You may also have:
Relevant work experience in the financial services industry (Financial/Product Control or Treasury/Funding) is preferred