Financial Reporting –Senior Manager
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 27 May 18 2018-05-27
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
The Financial Reporting team is responsible for the delivery of financial statements to our hedge fund clients. The global team is based in Mumbai and Glasgow. This role will focus on preparing, coordinating and controlling client deliverables, communicating with clients and their auditors and project managing a number of IT focused projects and initiatives to further enhance the financial reporting product offering.
- Preparation and review of financial statement packages ahead of client delivery in line with US GAAP/IFRS requirements
- Build and manage relationships with hedge fund clients and their auditors
- Build and manage relationships with global accounting team
- Assist in the development of best practices for the team to improve its efficiency and effectiveness
- Design, implement and enhance policies, procedures and controls based on observations
- Involvement in IT projects, testing and implementation of the financial reporting process
- Maintain up to date knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and apply the updates to the year-end process
The successful candidate must have the following prior experience:
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of hedge fund structures and accounting
- Proven experience of resolving accounting issues relating to complex investment products and market valuation issues
- In depth knowledge of hedge fund and investor level accounting including the adoption of different structures and performance fee charges
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial statement packages for hedge fund clients
- Co-coordinating financial statement process for hedge fund clients including direct client and auditor communications
- Experience of derivative instruments and the treatment of instruments under IFRS and US GAAP
- Execute sound judgment on assessing and escalating risk and implementing risk mitigation processes
- Applicants should have a record of accomplishment of delivering against tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of portfolio accounting systems
- Advanced knowledge of investor level accounting systems
The salary of this role is competitive. The closing date for applications is 23/06/2018.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3