Fixed Income Trade Support Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
The Fixed Income Trade Assistant team support a number of trading desks: Investment Grade; High Yield & Distressed; European Commercial Paper; Emerging Markets, Structured Products, EU Govt Bonds and Agency products. In addition the team support Listed futures, options and other products as required (equity and FID) for these desks, in multiple risk systems.
- Liaison with Desk Control Team to ensure the timely and accurate affirmation of all trades within 15 minutes, contacting internal and external clients where necessary
- Monitoring trader’s books in a live environment, to ensure positions and risk are correctly captured at the point of execution
- Liasing with the BU on an ad hoc basis to identify and resolve issues, provide trade information, and act as liason point with various other teams within the Firm
- Maintaining responsibility for risk management within the team through use of checklists, and timely escalation
- In conjunction with Desk Control team, monitor reconciliation, settlement and product set-up queries as required
- Maintaining, developing and improving current processes & procedures. Supporting the desk through NPAs, system enhancements and regulatory or compliance queries
- Developing and maintaining various regulatory reports, to comply with market requirements
- A general knowledge of Fixed Income products and how they are traded is preferable.
- An understanding of the wider financial environment
- The ability to effectively prioritise a high volume of work in a real-time environment
- Good risk awareness and the ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Analytical and keen eye for detail
- Good level of numeracy to aid in the quick identification and resolution of cash flow discrepancies
- Teamwork is particularly important and the sharing of information is key to the success of the team
- Able to identify and support the resolution of ambiguous problems through initiative and tenacity
- Good IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel)
- The ability to remain calm, confident and capable of communicating to a varied and often very senior audience, clearly and concisely in a pressurised environment
- Ability to focus on the detail and maintain accuracy in a pressurised environment
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with business units and other operational groups
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1