As a Barclays Full Stack Developer, you will have an exciting opportunity to work with leadership and fellow team members (both offshore and onshore) to deliver software to meet specifications and timelines. Data is the lifeblood of our business. Our challenge is to better manage and integrate our data so that it can be efficiently delivered to all of our stakeholders, for better insight and decision making.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- You will work alongside UX/UI Designer and DevOps/Cloud engineers and Business Analysts to deliver innovative, high quality, solutions
- Developing innovative solutions that will enhance the client experience and provide a cost effective outcome
- Delivering in a timely manner and with quality across various programmes of work in line with business requirements
- Presenting ideas and designs to colleagues and adapting the work based on the reviews and direct feedback
- Participating and providing feedback in code reviews
- Developing skills and understanding of fellow team members through mentoring and code reviews
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in an engineering, mathematical or computer science discipline
- Experience with application client and server development in the web and/or mobile domain
- Middleware DB and Backend experience also familiar with GraphQL/Apollo, NodeJS and RDMS of MariaDB and/or Postgress with RM Sequlise
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good logical reasoning, problem solving and performance tuning skills
- Test experience with some form of unit testing
- Takes ownership of tasks and is able to monitor/report progress and deliver to completion
- Able to demonstrate previous evidence of drive, energy, commitment, and enthusiasm within an Agile delivery environment
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland’s significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.