GCCP Projects Business Analyst
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
The Global Corporate Controllers and Planning (“GCCP”) Project team manages the Change the Bank (“CTB”) portfolio for the department. In 2017 this equates to a Global spend of approximately $50m. The team, currently based in New York and London, delivers significant projects, primarily for Global Regulatory Controllers (Basel 3, Capital Calculators, FED, SEC, PRA & EBA reporting initiatives) and Legal Entity Controllers (FinRep, Bank reporting platform, Bank Levy automation).
The Glasgow Project team was setup in August 2016 in order to support the growth of capital calculation and regulatory reporting functions. The team supports both UK and Global initiatives across Financial and Capital Reporting.
The successful applicant will report to the Senior Manager within the team.
- Business analysis in support of the Capital Regulatory Reporting project stream across all phases of the project life cycle (including scoping, planning, testing and implementation)
- Coordination and monitoring of Change Management cycles and prioritisation / tracking of associated deliverables
- Liaison with Clients and IT colleagues to identify issues and track prioritization and remediation
- Preparing periodic project updates and reporting for Clients and Senior Management
- Responding to questions raised by clients and IT colleagues
- Maintain and enhance written procedures documents
- Communicate and escalate to line management as appropriate
- Subject Matter Expertise within existing Morgan Stanley role or business analysis background gained in the Financial Services Industry. Experience of Capital projects would be preferred but experience within the wider Financial Regulatory space would be considered
- Knowledge of Investment Banking business and related products
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage to tight deadlines whilst balancing multiple priorities
- Strong analytical, organisational and documentation skills with an ability to understand processes and key controls. Experienced in implementing change effectively to improve existing processes
- Experience of data modelling and investigation with the ability to identify issues, develop and implement practical solutions
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to liaise with colleagues/clients of all levels
- Highly numerate with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team
- Experience of Microsoft Office and project management tools such as Excel, Project and Visio
- Experience of investigating, summarising and presenting results in a meaningful format to clients and Senior Management
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of Project Management approaches such as Agile or Prince 2
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3