Global Reconciliation Utility: Reconciliations Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Global Reconciliations Utility (GRU) resides within Shared Services and Banking Operations. GRU is responsible for performing reconciliations across external and internal cash and security accounts, servicing the firm across all product and business streams. GRU has teams located in Asia, Europe and North America.
The primary team is responsible for the reconciliations of cash and stock movements internally and externally to Morgan Stanley across the EMEA and Asia Regions in addition to performing an oversight function of all GRU initiatives globally. The core processing functions are performed by our business process outsourcing vendor located in India.
The key responsibilities of the Glasgow team are to provide vendor oversight and management over these processing functions and provide project management oversight and business analysis support for all GRU Initiatives.
The successful applicant will work closely with the BPO vendor to help ensure that the vendor provides quality service in line with our service level agreements.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Client Engagement model through participation in meetings and production of documentation for sessions
- Execute Vendor Performance Management activity with adherence to the agreed KPI, SLA and Quality Measures
- Adhere to existing procedures and governance framework and support periodic reviews of documents/framework
- Build an understanding of GRU processes and how this links to our clients requirements and the regulatory framework
- Actively seeking out opportunities to improve the teams control framework
- Identify risk issues, escalate where appropriate and provide assistance in resolving
- Perform root cause analysis and elimination of issues at source
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, the team has a number of opportunities to get involved in ad hoc projects and process improvement work.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation
- Able to work well under pressure and adhere to strict deadline
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Assumes ownership of problems and drives towards their resolution
- Ability to improve daily processes using LEAN methodology to deliver both capacity and control benefits
The following skills would be advantageous, but not essential, for candidates applying for this role.
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Knowledge of Reconciliations
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1