Its essential this individual has a balanced skill-set across statutory accounting, taxation and compliance.
Meraki Talent are exclusively engaged to assist with the appointment of a permanent Head of Finance, Compliance & Tax based in Scotland. The Opportunity
This multi-divisional business is about to embark on an epic journey of expansion through both organic growth & M&A activity. The Finance Director is an extremely self-reflective individual that has identified a real chink in both their armour and the companies structure hence the creation of a brand new Head of Finance, Compliance & Tax position.
The company is specifically targeting a Senior Manager or Director that operates in Business Advisory or Business Solutions within public practice and is seeking to transition into industry. Its essential this individual has a balanced skill-set across statutory accounting, taxation and compliance with a real eye for detail & process improvement.
The company has various offices across Scotland and is a huge believer in work life balance & home working so is comfortable in appointing an individual based in right across the central belt of Scotland or the surrounding areas. On Offer
The position of Head of Finance, Compliance & Tax will offer:
- £58,000 - £70,000 base salary
- Induction into the leadership bonus scheme
- Flexible and home working
- A range of other company perks
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Reporting to the Finance Director with a dotted line to the Corporate Development Director
- Providing guidance and direction to the Board & Executive team on all statutory accounting, taxation and compliance matters
- Preparation of statutory accounts and returns for various entities
- Annual audit preparation including liaising with external auditors
- Taxation and VAT returns
- Ensuring adherence with external regulations, requirements and compliance matters
- Creation and execution of financial readiness business plans
- Reviewing, developing and reporting on processes, procedures & controls
- Overseeing and training of the BAU finance team
- Building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Adhoc duties
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant
- Operated at Senior Manager or Director level within Business Advisory/Business Solutions in public practice
- Blended experience of statutory accounting, taxation and compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with key internal & external stakeholders
Please note this is a highly confidential assignment however John Gilbertson can be contacted for an informal, private & confidential discussion.