ISG Client Ops Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Jan 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations encompasses two functionally aligned organizations. The first, Trading & Client Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support of activity executed by Institutional Sales &Trading. The second, Clearing Operations, provides Operations functions in direct support for activity cleared by Morgan Stanley on behalf of our clients in Prime Brokerage, Listed Derivatives, and OTC Derivatives. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external. ISG Product Operations partners closely with Shared Services and Banking Operations as well as Branch Operations and Operations Risk & Control to deliver a connected 'front to back' view of operations to ISG Sales and Trading.
The Fixed Income Cash Client Service Group (CSG) supports cash Fixed Income business for institutional clients across all products and markets and is part of the wider Global Securities Operations department which also includes the Trade Support Groups.
Background on the Team. As a client facing area within Operations the CSG group is responsible for delivering exceptional levels of client service throughout the full life-cycle of the trade process; from post-execution through to settlement. As such the roles are varied, challenging and rewarding. CSG always seeks to respond rapidly to client's needs and developments within the industry, making it a constantly changing environment which demands high performance from the individuals in the team.
The department currently comprises twenty two members of staff in teams of approximately five Analysts/Associates reporting to a Team Leader and a Director.
- CSG Reps are primarily responsible for the completion of daily processing tasks, working in a fast-paced, high-risk team environment, investigating and resolving issues to ensure client on boarding, account opening, trade allocation, confirmation processing and settlement occurs in line with client service level agreements while minimizing risk to the Firm and client.
- Key to the role is building and maintaining excellent client relationships at the operational middle / back office level and as such developing detailed technical and product knowledge together with demonstrating excellent client service, communication, organization and prioritization skills are essential.
- The successful candidate will be expected to become a subject matter expert, contribute to projects and initiatives, develop and implement process improvements and become a key point of contact for a wide range of internal stakeholders including direct contact with both Sales and Trading and well as other Operations teams including Trade Support and Settlements.
- In addition the individual will be responsible for day to day supervision of a team of up to 6 individuals carrying out day to day management of risk, authorization of key activities, contributing to the complete team management agenda and people management.
- Knowledge of fixed income, equity and financial markets preferred
- Operations interest
- Process management experience preferred
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Proficiency with business software and common applications
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1