See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,500 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses’ and to our own.
The Firm's Insider Threat team is seeking a Cloud Security analyst in the DLP space as we expand our Cloud footprint. In this new role you will be responsible for developing and implementing enterprise-wide Information Protection controls specific to the risks inherent with cloud services that balances security and business requirements while protecting our brand, reputation, operating environment, and intellectual property.
The DLP team works with various stakeholders to identify the Firm's needs with regards to data leakage controls and coordinates the implementation of these controls. The team coordinates with Cyber, Technology, Business Units, and Legal to gather business requirements, assess risk, ensure adherence to local regulations.
- Be a subject matter expert for DLP controls working directly with other functional and business teams to drive information protection initiatives
- Determine and implement appropriate data leakage controls and policies, as well as the placement of such, to satisfy business and regulatory and audit requirements
- Compile and validate statistical data to be used to determine the viability of implementing specific data leakage controls in the production environment
- Assist in the ongoing review of data leakage controls, policies, and processes
- Proactively assess safeguards across the tool suite to identify potential risks and perform trend analysis
- Work with Incident Response teams to identify and enhance data leakage controls in response to incidents
- Utilize Symantec DLP to generate and maintain email, endpoint and web monitoring policies
- Support the administration and maintenance of existing data leakage controls and policies in response to changes in local regulation, organizational structure, or business needs Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience with DLP tools including the development of policies and rules from start to finish (i.e. requirements gathering, ruleset creation, analysis, tuning, approvals, etc.)
- Familiarity with sensitive data types/identifiers, classifications, etc.
- Ability to understand drivers and priorities, with regard to business and regulatory requirements
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Experience with Symantec Network/Endpoint/Web DLP or similar
- Demonstrated design, analysis, construction and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with data analytics tools such as Splunk or Qlikview
- Flexible, highly driven, self-motivated, and able to collaborate effectively with multiple teams across the Firm and external vendors
- Strategic thinker who is able to balance short and long term deliverables
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
** Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees **
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.