As a Barclays Java Developer, you will be involved in all aspects of software delivery including analysis, requirements gathering, design, development, testing and handover to the production support team. Development work will incorporate a range of languages and technologies, with a particular focus on Java and relational databases on Linux platform. Your role will require working closely and collaboratively with colleagues in Glasgow, London and Pune.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Owning and delivering development tasks / initiatives and ensure items are on track
- Ensuring that Cash, Settlements and Payments Technology (CSPT) development is aligned to the CSPT design principles, standards and strategy
- Supporting and coaching junior developers
- Developing code in line with the stories that have been agreed as part of the delivery team
- Engaging in providing solutions to the stories that have been submitted
- Engaging in the delivery process and collaborating with other delivery team members to make sure that the focus is on business value delivery
- Making sure that all development is in line with Barclays & CSPT Standards
- Providing L3 Support as and when required across CSPT applications
What we’re looking for:
- Java Development experience
- Knowledge of SQL
- Good English language skills to communicate with multiple international locations
- Ability and desire to get involved in all phases of development lifecycle, from sprint planning, through to design, estimation and testing
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Working in an Agile Development environment (Scrum/Kanban/XP)
- Ability and willingness to take ownership for development tasks within the team and liaise with relevant colleagues/teams to secure successful acceptance and delivery
- Ability to identify feasible options, problem solve and collaborate to achieve an agreement or make necessary decisions
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities – highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.