Java Developer - GTR Technology
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Department & Team Profile:
Operations & Compliance Technology (OCT) comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OCT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) Technology serves the global transaction regulatory reporting requirements of the firm. These requirements span OTC derivatives, listed derivatives and cash products. The regulations covered are across America (e.g. Dodd-Frank and CSA), Europe (e.g. MiFID I and EMIR), and Asia (e.g. JFSA and HKMA). The team are required to work on both meeting the firm’s current regulatory obligations and on meeting future regulatory obligations (e.g. MiFID II).
The Global Transaction Reporting team is looking for a senior java developer to join the growing team in Glasgow (a key strategic location). You will be part of a global team, which also has presence in London, Mumbai, and New York. You will be part of a dynamic team building systems that are critical to the business and solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
- You will be part of a dynamic team building systems that are critical to the business. Solving problems to meet the ever changing regulatory environment.
- You will work primarily as a Java developer as part of a collaborative agile development team.
- You will be required to liaise directly with a variety of stakeholders throughout the firm
- You will develop functionality in an iterative fashion, liaising with the business analysts, product owners and other developers within the scrum team
- You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase including code reviews and refactoring where necessary.
- Experience of agile and scrum methodologies.
- Core Java.
- Unix shell scripting.
- SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2.
- Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Protocol Buffers/Spring.
- Enterprise Architecture Patterns, GoF design
- Build & agile - Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson, GIT/perforce.
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in banking and regulatory reporting (CTFC, EMIR, Dodd Frank, MiFID)
- Knowledge of OTC, listed and cash products
- Domain driven design and micro-services experience