Lead Java Software Engineer
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
Lead Java Software Engineer
Lead Java Software Engineer (VP)
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
- Design & develop robust and scalable service based solutions
- Identify and facilitate issue resolutions and escalate where applicable
- Participate in meetings at the project level, providing continuous feedback on project status and offering constructive options to ensure project tracks to original expectation
- Ensure project is completed in accordance with all Risk, Architecture and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Strong software development experience
- Hands on experience in Java 8 micro-services including REST, JSON, Spring framework, Springboot.
- Experience using IntelliJ, Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins), Maven, Auto-deployment tools, Performance / load testing, Java memory profiling.
- Strong debugging and technical troubleshooting skills, Knowledge of code testing techniques.
- Experience of test driven development and behavior driven testing using JBehave/Cucumber.
- Experience of publish/subscribe technologies such as Kafka/AMPS
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience with task management tool (JIRA or equivalent)
- College degree (computer science preferred).
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry is helpful, particularly in Collateral Management, OTC Cleared and/or Bilateral Derivatives
- Exposure of NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.