Lead Software Engineer
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
Lead Software Engineer
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The Wealth Management Technology group is seeking an energetic, intelligent, self-starter in a senior developer / technology lead role to join the Portfolio Performance Measurement and Client reporting technology team. This candidate will be a key software engineer lead for the implementation and support of a new global strategic performance platform. The candidate will be part of group working on cutting edge technologies including JAVA/ J2EE frameworks, REST/Web services, Ext-JS framework, R, Pentaho, Oracle and Big data in an Agile setting.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Ability to lead a team of developers and interact with business users
- Proficiency in JAVA/ J2EE, frameworks, database and ETL tools
- Experience with Pentaho and or R is a plus
- Knowledge of Big Data solutions is a plus
- Fin tech experience with knowledge of Portfolio Performance, Accounting Platforms and Client Reporting is a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co. you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.58+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JP Morgan is an equal opportunities employer