Legal Entity Controller - Associate
- Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom Glasgow Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
If you are looking for a firm that can provide you with a challenging role and long term career development opportunities then read on. We have built a world class reputation for quality and service and the talent and passion of our people has been critical to our success. We provide a strong foundation for building a professional career and a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and a strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,300 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,200 staff across Operations, Technology, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant
The Glasgow Finance team is over 220 strong and spans a wide range of functions including: Product Control; Market Risk Control; Liquidity Control; Treasury Currency Management; Compensation Control; Tax; Legal Entity Control and Governance; Accounting Advisory Services; General Ledger Governance; Regulatory Reporting and Finance Risk. The variety and scope of our opportunities across all levels allows our employees to enjoy fulfilling and challenging long-term careers. In order to maintain this we require finance professionals of all levels, both qualified and non-qualified, who are committed to working in a challenging and ever evolving industry. For non-qualified candidates we actively support a number of professional qualifications.
The role will be in the LEC team responsible for some of our key service entities. The entities require detailed analysis to support regular financial and regulatory reporting requirements. The Legal Entity Controller will be the main point of contact for all matters arising on the entities with responsibility for the management and oversight of financial information as well as ownership of all reporting and control processes. The candidate will be required to engage with and support a wide range of stakeholders in the firm.
- Preparation of financial statements under various GAAPs including liaison with auditors
- Preparation of other compliance reporting including submissions to the US Federal Reserve
- Preparation of monthly management packs for the Business Unit, providing variance analysis and commentary
- Perform monthly due diligence to ensure integrity of financial information
- Ability to present financial information in both written and verbal communication to senior management
- Liaison with other internal groups including Tax, Company Secretarial, Bank Resource Management and Treasury on Legal Entity matters
- Supporting Legal Entity initiatives within the firm and involvement in projects impacting the legal entities supporting the UK group
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a rounded commercial approach to reporting and controllership, with proven skills in chasing issues through many layers to discover root causes, and be confident in building relationships across a wide variety of stakeholders and business areas.
- As an associate, you will be responsible for demonstrating an ability to manage your work load effectively, develop practical solutions to problems whilst balancing multiple issues and priorities appropriately
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong analytical, organisational and documentation skills
- Candidates for role should have a professional qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format
- Able to build good relationships with stakeholders and contribute to projects which impact a variety of business and finance areas
- Candidates should be highly numerate with a close attention to detail, and demonstrate a strong commitment to developing your own skills
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM3