Our company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The Payroll Operations team consists of approximately 12 people with its core function being to manage the processing and compliance of the payroll for all UK employees and for 18 payrolls in EMEA. This entails the processing of all monthly net salary and bonus payments to approximately 8,000 employees plus the payment of associated taxes and contributions to benefit plans related to these employees. This is currently achieved through a combination of both hosted and outsourced vendor arrangements across EMEA.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge gained within a busy and professional payroll department. You are expected to be able to work efficiently and effectively at all times whilst providing an exemplary level of service to all levels of employees. A flexible approach and an ability to manage your own time and duties will be required to be part of this team. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment
* Keen and motivated to work hard and achieve.
* Shows a willingness to learn from others and increase own knowledge base.
* Takes responsibility for own tasks and proactively looks for opportunities to increase responsibility.
* Problem Solving & Judgment:
* Shows the ability to identify and analyse the situation through gathering relevant information to understand the root cause.
* Determines the potential impact and implications of issues and takes appropriate action to avoid future recurrences.
* Knows when it is appropriate to resolves matters and offer solutions themselves and when it is critical to escalate to others.
* Communicating Effectively:
* Able to explain issues and ideas succinctly, using appropriate mediums and language, to ensure others understand.
* Always ensures that the relevant people are kept informed.
* Building & Maintaining Relationships:
* Awareness of other people and environment and own impact on these.
* Responds appropriately to others to build and maintain an effective network of contacts.
* Goes extra mile to ensure needs of others are addressed to highest possible standard.
* Commitment to Excellence:
* Consistently shows concern for all areas no matter how small.
Key accountabilities of the role detailed below:
* Processing responsibility for employees of defined business units included in the UK payroll via Midland HR (iTrent) - 1 monthly payroll and occasional supplementary payrolls may be included in a monthly cycle.
* Build and manage relationship with HR. This role acts as a dedicated payroll contact for the business units HR coverage and employees with a requirement to provide a high level of technical/practical advice on Payroll administration matters to ensure statutory and firm compliance.
* Input and checking of all aspects of UK Payroll processing
* Importing files to payroll system
* Starters, Leavers and completion of all appropriate tax forms
* Variable data - e.g.. bonus, advances, overtime, etc
* Knowledge and application of statutory and firm rules in relation to: SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, redundancy payments and many other aspects of payroll processing
* Review and checking of other administrator's work to ensure accuracy and provide absence cover for their business unit.
* Dealing with employee related queries through a web based query tool within the given SLA agreements.
* Day to day liaison with clients - HR, employees, HMRC and Vendors
* Monthly payroll element reconciliation and control reporting
* Arrange 3rd party monthly payroll payments i.e. court orders and Payroll Giving
* Quarterly archiving of aged payroll documents
* Print, save and distributed daily HR/Payroll interface reports on a rota basis
* Ability to manually calculate PAYE and NI calculations when required
* Completion of periodic National Statistics forms
* Payroll uploads of HR data to iTrent
* Overpayments process compliance
* Continually updating all process documentation to ensure all are up to date and available to test under our strict SOX control processes.